Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wine

Hello, I'm back with wine. This is a very good software. It install .exe files on Linux. So, you can use your windows applications directly on Linux. It is very useful to some users. Well, i download the wine .rpm files and i made a archive file. Download the below link, after that unzip it. install it and feel Linuxxxxxxxxxxxx.
http://www.uploading.com/en/files/HCUWBJKH/Wine.tar.bz2.html

1. [root@localhost Desktop]# tar -xvjf Wine.tar.bz2 -C /opt (extract the archive file under /opt)
2. [root@localhost Desktop]# cd /opt
3. [root@localhost opt]# cd Wine/
4. [root@localhost Wine]# rpm -ivh * --force

If you want to install any .exe files, give the command like this.
1. [root@localhost Desktop]# wine jre-6u3-windows-i586-p-s.exe (i have jre-6u3-windows-i586-p-s.exe file, if you have different please mention that name only).

No comments:

About Me

This is Srikanth Naidu. I want to share my knowledge with my frens. That's y i started this blog. If you want to contact me I'm available on bluemooninheaven@gmail.com